A New Printing of The Blech Book!
We’re happy to announce that a new printing of The Blcch Book – The Complete & Illustrated Guide to Shabbos Hotplates will be available shortly!
This book was warmly accepted, and more importantly used, in homes and schools, the moment it came off the press in 2007.
It’s been particularly helpful in teaching these laws and customs in seminaries and high schools. For that purpose, we’ve made available free downloads of multiple-choice quizzes, specially written for this book. (You can download them at the end of this post, or at www.RabbiJacobs.com)
The Blech Book answers the questions many people have in their homes during the course of any normal Shabbos. Some examples:
- May I add water on Shabbos to food which is drying on the blech?
- May I move a pot from one blech to another?
- May I move food from one pot on the blech to another?
- Am I allowed to remove food from a pot on the blech?
- I mistakenly placed my pot on the table. May I replace it to the blech?
- My fire went out. What now?
The cover and interior of this new printing were done by my friend, and one of the world’s most accomplished book-designers, John Reinhardt (www.bookdesign.com), who I highly recommend.
Some of the improvements in the upcoming edition:
- New attractive cover
- Additional rabbinical approbations
- Brand new user-friendly interior design
Here are some side-to-side previews of the improvements.
If you’d like copies of the previous soft-cover edition of The Blech Book, you can still get them at: www.Kehotonline.com.
Free Download Of Testing Material
We’ll keep you updated when the new printing is available.